Apply as an international student
Become part of our global community. Applying to Coventry University or Coventry University London is a quick and easy process. Take a look at each way you can apply below and then choose the one you prefer. We aim to respond to all applications with an initial decision within one week though this can take longer at certain times of the year.
What we need when you apply
We'll need the following information in order to make a decision on your application:
- All academic transcripts
- One academic reference
- Your personal statement
- Copies of degree/diploma certificates or work reference if employed
- An English language test score
- Copy of your current passport
After you've applied
After you apply to Coventry University, we will assess your academic qualifications and check that you meet the English language requirements for the course you have applied for.
If you are offered a place on your course (or alternative course) you will be invited to a virtual or on campus Open Day. You may also be invited to attend an interview, audition or a portfolio review on campus or online if the course you are applying for requires it.
We will issue you a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) once you have satisfied all your offer conditions. Once you have received your CAS you will be able to apply for your student visa*.
The process for obtaining a visa can be lengthy, so we'd encourage applying as early as possible to ensure there is enough time to travel to the UK before your course starts. You'll only be able to apply for your visa after:
- You have logged into your application account on the application portal and accepted the offer.
- You have met all the conditions of your offer (please make sure you upload the documents requested on your offer letter onto the application portal).
- You have paid the £4,000 tuition fee deposit. To make sure that your own payments are secure, you should only make payments to us through one of the methods on our official payment page.
*Please note, applications that have outstanding conditions by the deadline outlined in your offer letter will have the option to defer to the next available intake to allow you time to meet your outstanding offer conditions.